Friday, December 18, 2009

What kind of medium should I use for my Oil paintings?

Just wondering what kind of medium I should be using to thin out the paint on my oil paintings. Thanks =]What kind of medium should I use for my Oil paintings?
i like Liquin or linseed oilWhat kind of medium should I use for my Oil paintings?
hello there.....well i always use a 55% mineral spirits and 45% stand oil, with my oil paint, it has a good consistency.





but i recommend you get, a book called the artist handbook, it's about 30 dollars but has many recipes,


you can find that alot of people just have personal preference to different mediums....for example if you like to paint really thick you can use dorland's wax medium or impasto for a very textures look...:) enjoy
i've used paint thinner in the past, but i think turpentine works best.
you ont have to use any medium at all if you dont want......but some good ones to always keep for diferent effects in whatever paintings you want them in. they are (in order of importance) odorless paint thinner (to make thin paint washes and to clean brushes), linseed oil (any type will work), drying oil ( to make paint dry faster), poppy seed oil, and liquin detail medium

No comments:

Post a Comment