Friday, December 18, 2009

I have a bunch of unfinished oil paintings. Can I finish them in acrylic?

I don't like oil anymore because it takes sooo long to dry. Will it be okay if I finish the oil paintings in acrylic paint? Will the water-based paint do something weird to the oil-based?I have a bunch of unfinished oil paintings. Can I finish them in acrylic?
Go to your closest art supply store and buy a small bottle of Gamblin's Galkyd medium, to enhance drying time. It works wonders. I like the Titanium white color so use the Gamblin Titanium Zinc because the Zinc makes the drying time far less. I like the texture better too, so it's a win win situation. Personally I don't care for acrylic colors as much but it's up to you. To me acrylic greens look fake but then I am hooked on oil or watercolors. For clean up I use dishes liquid soap after I gently run it through the Gamisol first to cut the major parts of the oil paint off. Mine don't take that long to dry in this weather anyway. Do what you enjoy, that is best.





NoraI have a bunch of unfinished oil paintings. Can I finish them in acrylic?
i think its fine ! you can really combine any mediums together . like paper and watercolor paintings , or something like that . my point is i think its okayyy to mix oil and acrylic .

No comments:

Post a Comment