Friday, December 18, 2009

How do I take care of water-based oil paintings?

I executed several water-based oil paintings (using Artisan by Winsor and Newton) in 2003. I never varnished them. They are now displayed on a wall, no direct sunlight but a little dust unavoidable, in a humid tropical climate (25 to 40 C range). At the time I was painting, there was no local advice on how to treat water-based oils as it was a new medium.How do I take care of water-based oil paintings?
put some oil paint varnish on the painting..its sold in all art stores,..and put a good frame with glass..it will be preserved.however when talking about oil painting i dont think glass is required as it is tough thoughHow do I take care of water-based oil paintings?
it has to be only 'water based' or just 'oil based'. two medium don't go together. dust is one of the enemy of paintings. frame them, ensure that the glass is not touching the painting.
Saran wrap it.

No comments:

Post a Comment